Saturday, May 19, 2012

Door Knob Problem Solved- Yipee!

Remember last week when I blogged about my doorknob dilemma?  Well on Friday, I was beyond excited because I decided after much debate, to pull the trigger on a set of Victorian knobs from stiickaround on etsy!  I went back and forth on these for a bit because they are going to need some serious TLC/elbow grease to bring them back.  But just LOOK at the molded details on those puppies!  They are (1) the correct age, (2) pressed metal, (3) all matching and (4) will work with our doors.  Yessss!  Some of the knobs in the set are brass and some are copper.  Copper!



There are some plain knobs in there too- perfect for closets.  In fact, there are enough knobs in this bunch that I can redo every single one in my house.  Goodness gracious, I sure do derive a lot of pleasure from eradicating new fixtures from an old house!

I even found a resource for affordable reproduction rosettes that will fit the bill-- but first I'll have to clean these and see what the original finishes look like before I go ordering rosettes.  What a relief it is to have found something so perfect.  Fingers crossed they work as well as I think they will (I've already found some good tips online for cleaning copper and brass).  Let's take a moment to savor this.  Hello lovelies!






Got any fun projects in the works yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment